Guidance on EPSRC Studentships

If you are looking for funding for a doctoral programme, you should contact universities rather than EPSRC. We do not give money to students directly, but fund universities through training grants.

How to get a studentship

The way that EPSRC funding for doctoral training works, is that we issue block grants to particular universities via Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs), Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs) or Industrial CASE (ICASE). The universities then manage the recruitment and selection of students to the projects that will be funded.

For details on how to apply, eligibility and criteria for selection, you must approach the relevant University.