Terms and conditions for doctoral training partnership
A doctoral training partnership is paid by EPSRC to a research organisation for the provision of postgraduate study.
For further guidance on issues like flexibility, total costs and stipends, see doctoral training partnerships - 50% rule.
These terms and conditions relate to training grants, comprising doctoral training partnerships(DTPs) and masters training grants MTGs) from the following five Research Councils:
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Medical Research Council (MRC)
- Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
The five Research Councils will apply these terms and conditions to training grants from 1 April 2010.