In support of this approach, EPSRC will:
- Promote reflection, understanding and training about Responsible Innovation approaches within the wider research community, encouraging broader interactions with other disciplines and spheres of expertise in order to develop capacity for responsible innovation.
- Welcome funding requests within EPSRC research grant proposals that seek to explore aspects of Responsible Innovation as an integral part of that research endeavour.
- Be vigilant to potential social, environmental, ethical and regulatory challenges which arise from new research at the limits of our knowledge, and to broaden debate at an early stage.
- Ensure that Responsible Innovation is prominent in our strategic thinking and funding plans, including proposal assessment.
- Alert policy makers in Government and regulators to emerging issues and opportunities associated with new research areas as soon as they become apparent.