EPSRC appoints twelve Strategic Advisory Network (SAN) members
Supplementary content information
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) has appointed twelve new members of its Strategic Advisory Network (SAN).
The SAN provides the EPSRC Executive with strategic advice to assist us to develop, implement and modify plans, and to make appropriate recommendations to our Council.
The Network is a flexible resource, enabling the Executive to obtain the advice it needs in a timely manner, drawing on a range of perspectives from across our key stakeholder groups including academia, business, third sector and Government.
These new members will take up their appointments on 01 October 2018, and their full biographies will be available on the EPSRC website in due course.
EPSRC SAN members appointed:
- Professor Veronica Bowman, Dstl
- Professor Edmund Burke, University of Leicester
- Professor Nishan Canagarajah, University of Bristol
- Professor Andy Crabtree, University of Nottingham
- Dr Joe de Sousa, AstraZeneca
- Dr Steven Harris, BAE Systems
- Dr Gareth Jenkins, Arcinova
- Mr Alan Newby, Rolls-Royce plc
- Professor John Stairmand, Wood Nuclear
- Professor Phil Taylor, Newcastle University
- Professor Julie Yeomans, University of Surrey
- Dame Xiangqian Jiang, University of Huddersfield
Reference: PN 62-18