EPSRC publishes new data on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in peer review
Supplementary content information
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) has published further diversity data related to peer review. This extension of data for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (E,D&I) will highlight the progress made to date to improve diversity in our peer review process, and the opportunities to continue to work with our communities to make further improvements.
Research Councils publish diversity data annually on success rates which includes grant and fellowship applications alongside information on Co-Investigators and also student population data. This activity forms part of our collective action plan to tackle E,D&I in research and innovation and the fourth annual publication (PDF) is available at the UKRI website.
For the 2016-2017 period, first reported this year, the data publication will extend the available data to include:
- The EPSRC Peer Review College by gender, age and ethnicity
- The reviewer population that were invited to review proposals by gender, age and ethnicity
- The reviewer population that submitted a useable review by gender, age and ethnicity
- EPSRC Internal and External Panel Chairs by gender, age and ethnicity
- EPSRC Internal and External Panel membership by gender, age and ethnicity
As a funder of research, we remain committed to attracting the best potential researchers from a diverse population into research careers, and will continue to work alongside organisations and researchers across the sector to make further progress across all areas of E,D&I.
The full data report "EPSRC diversity data on peer review", is available via the "Resources" box on this page.
For further information, please visit the EPSRC Equality and Diversity page.
Reference: PN 50-18