- Year of Engineering Advent Calendar
2018 saw the launch of the Year of Engineering, a year-long government led (Department of Transport) campaign to celebrate UK engineering and increase awareness and understand what engineers do.
- UK and China collaborate on Low Carbon manufacturing research projects
Academics in the UK and China will begin to collaborate on four new research projects that will explore methods of low carbon manufacturing in January 2019.
- Pioneering personalised heart models could improve cardiac care
Computer models that simulate the workings of individual patients' hearts could boost treatment of a common cardiac condition
- Je-S system unavailable 23-26 November
The Je-S system will be unavailable from 21:00 on 23 November to 08:00 on 26 November. This is due to essential maintenance taking place.
- EPSRC announces Connected Nation Pioneers competition winners
The winners of the Connected Nation Pioneers competition were announced last night (Tuesday 20 November 2018), at an awards ceremony held at the Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester.
- Newton Prize winners to use Mathematics to restore power to the people
UK and Chilean scientists are working on a project that will strengthen energy infrastructure to withstand extreme weather and natural disasters.
- Spin-out's sale could help transform diabetes treatment
The recent acquisition of Ziylo, a University of Bristol spin-out company rooted in leading-edge EPSRC-funded chemistry research, could mark a major turning-point in the drive to develop safer, more effective treatment of diabetes.
- New Quantum Technologies funding boosts sector as annual showcase opens
2018 Quantum Technologies Showcase celebrates progress of nation programme and newly funded projects.
- New Active Building Centre to transform the UK construction and energy sectors through the deployment of solar-powered buildings
A new Active Building Centre that aims to remove barriers and accelerate market adoption of new solar-powered building design was given the green light by The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Philip Hammond last month during a visit to Wales.
- EPSRC re-opens applicants for e-infrastructure and Physical Sciences Strategic Advisory BodiesOpens in new window
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) is welcoming applications for membership of its strategic advisory bodies.
- New wireless device can aid recovery of breast cancer patients
Patient studies of a new sensing device prove it can provide early warning of the potential failure of breast reconstruction surgery.
- EPSRC announces £8 million capital awards to support Early Career Researchers
Awards to 36 institutions across UK will support Early Career Researchers undertaking new research and enhance career development prospects.
- Portable "tricorder" scans life signs
Scientists from the School of Engineering at the University of Glasgow have developed a handheld device for taking medical readings from patients, and transferring the data to a smartphone.
- An opportunity to join the EPSRC RISE cohort: Develop your communications and engagement skills
EPSRC is offering a 'Public Affairs and Media Training' opportunity for EPSRC-supported researchers.
- EPSRC announces further £14 million to keep UK Catalysis Hub sparking
New investment into the UK's Catalysis Hub to support a nationwide collaborative research programme involving universities across the UK.
- Could you be this year's EPSRC Science Photo Competition winner?
On Tuesday 9 October 2018, EPSRC will be launching its sixth Science Photo Competition. As in previous years, the competition is open to all EPSRC-supported researchers and EPSRC-supported doctoral students and this is your chance to share your research through pictures and win top prizes.
Tuesday 9 October 2018 sees the launch of the sixth EPSRC Science Photo Competition.
- Future of Quantum Technology given significant funding boost
Next wave of funding committed for the four quantum technology research hubs across the UK.
- New UKRI system needs community input on Horizon 2020 grants
A new system is being rolled out today (27 September 2018) as a first step towards supporting the continuity of funding for UK organisations which have been awarded grants from the European Union’s flagship programme for science and innovation, Horizon 2020.
- Second round of business-led Prosperity Partnerships that link Research with Industry launched
Seven new Prosperity Partnerships projects that will build links between the UK's research base and leading industry partners unveiled
- EPSRC appoints twelve Strategic Advisory Network (SAN) members
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) has appointed twelve new members of its Strategic Advisory Network (SAN).