Quantum technologies information day
An information day for both the Quantum Technologies Strategic Capital Investment call and the Quantum Technologies Training and Skills Hubs call will be held for prospective applicants on 29 April 2015 at the MacDonald Hotel & Spa in Manchester.
We encourage potential applicants to attend this meeting, or send a suitable representative from their institution. If you wish to attend then please register your interest by email to EPSRC Events by 16 April 2015. Please note that EPSRC will limit the number of attendees per institution in the event of high demand for places.
For more information please see the Quantum Technologies Strategic Capital Investment call and Training and Skills Hubs in Quantum Systems Engineering call.
Please note that this is for further information and has already been advertised elsewhere on our website.
On 29 April 2015 we held an information day to discuss both of our calls ‘Quantum Technologies Strategic Capital Investment Call’ and ‘Training and Skills Hubs in Quantum Systems Engineering’.
For the benefit of those that were unable to attend, we have produced a document that summarises questions discussed at the information day and questions that have been posed to EPSRC directly.
As well as talks on the two calls, we also had talks from partners and members of the Quantum Technology Hubs.
We had talks from the following speakers:
- Dr Trevor Cross - Quantum Technologies Strategic Advisory Board
- Professor Mark Fromfold - UK QT Hub for Sensors and Metrology
- Professor Robert Hadfield - UK QT Hub in Quantum Enhanced Imaging (QuantIC)
- Professor Jason Smith - UK QT NQIT: Networked Quantum Information Technologies
- Dr Mark Thompson - UK QT Hub for Quantum Communications Technologies
- Richard Murray - Innovate UK
- Richard Gunn (EPSRC, Quantum Technologies) - Training and Skills Hubs in Quantum Systems Engineering Call
- Amanda Howes (EPSRC, Quantum Technologies) - Strategic Capital Investment Call
For the benefit of those that were unable to attend, PDF versions of the presentations are available to download below.
We remind all that the calls close on 02 June 2015.