Science photo competition 2013
Share your photos to support excellence and promote the benefits of outstanding UK engineering and physical sciences.
The overall winner of the competition will be awarded £500 worth of camera / photography equipment. A prize of £150 worth of camera / photography equipment will also be awarded to the winner of each category. Runners up in 2nd and 3rd place of each category will receive £25.00 worth of camera / photography equipment. All winning images will also be featured in EPSRC's Pioneer Magazine and other EPSRC publications.
What are we looking for?
The EPSRC Science Photo Competition is an event for all EPSRC supported researchers and doctoral students to share their research using images.
We are looking for images that will demonstrate research in action.
- Weird and wonderful
Entrants are permitted to submit the same image into a maximum of 3 categories.
Image examples could include but are not restricted to:
- Research equipment
- Research subject
- Research environment (eg lab or field work)
- Combination of all or any of the above
- Images should be submitted electronically by attaching them to the online form below. Please include a caption for the image and a short 150 word abstract describing the image and research behind it. Please ensure that your abstract is written for a general public audience using plain english and avoiding jargon.
- A maximum of 3 images per person can be submitted.
- Images should be a minimum of 3MB and maximum of 25MB and in a digital format a minimum of 300dpi (eg jpg). Winners will be required to submit their winning image in a high-resolution format.
- Please read our terms and conditions before entering.
Submission deadline - Monday 16 December 2013.
Any queries should be directed to Photocomp@epsrc.ac.uk.
By entering this competition you are deemed to accept these competition rules and the terms and conditions.
Winners will be chosen and announced in January 2014 and prizes will be awarded in February 2014
Judges will be from chosen from Academia, industry, photo journalism.