Underpinning Multi-User Equipment
EPSRC is making available up to £20 million of its capital budget to refresh and update underpinning multi-user equipment in Universities. EPSRC would like to invite Universities with a current EPSRC portfolio of over £25 million (as shown on Grants on the Web) to apply for capital to refresh and update underpinning multi-user equipment. Those Universities that do not have £25 million of funding may apply in conjunction with other Institutions provided that their combined EPSRC research income totals the required threshold. The threshold can be achieved by:
- Universities with smaller portfolios combining their funding
- Universities with smaller portfolios applying with a university that has a larger portfolio.
The University with the higher amount of funding must be the lead applicant.
Only one application per University is allowed, with a maximum value of £2 million. This funding is available for all research areas in EPSRC's remit. It is expected that around 10 awards will be made.
Proposals can consist of underpinning multi-user equipment such as:
- Equipment meeting particular departmental or discipline requirements;
- Equipment for multi-disciplinary research areas (for instance straddling several departments or for research centres);
- Equipment that will be used across a national or regional grouping of universities.
Applications to this call will be assessed directly by a specially convened expert peer review prioritisation panel drawn from across EPSRC's remit.
|Call Opening||28 September 2016|
|Deadline for Full Proposals||16.00 on 22 November 2016|
|Assessment Panel||January 2017|
|Grant Announcements||February 2017|
|Grant Start Date||01 April 2017|
|Capital Funding Spent by||31 March 2018|