Resource Allocation Panel (RAP): Open Access to Tier 2 (Spring 2018)
EPSRC is offering open access to five Tier-2 High Performance Computing facilities through this call for proposals. The five facilities users can access through this call are: Cirrus, GW4, CSD3, HPC Midlands +, and JADE. Further details on each of these centres can be found in the call document. For details on how to access The Materials and Molecular Modelling Hub (MMM Hub), please see their website.
The aim of this call is to:
Provide access to our national Tier-2 HPC facilities for adventurous high-risk, high-reward projects that will benefit from the diversity of computing architectures available at Tier-2.
A non-exclusive list of eligible projects includes:
- Short computational projects that do not warrant a full grant application;
- UK led collaborative projects with international and/or industry partners;
- Joint applications from students (as Co-Is) with proven HPC experience and their PIs;
- Projects that link consecutive standard grant applications or that aid the preparation of a grant or fellowship application;
- Extended feasibility studies and trialling application developments at scale;
- High-risk, high-reward projects that would benefit from using novel architectures.
|Technical Assessment||Closing Date||RAP Meeting||Earliest Project Start||Last Project Start|
|22 March 2018||10 April 2018||May 2018||May 2018||June 2108|