Nuclear Energy University Programs (NEUP) US/UK Collaborative Funding Opportunity
- Opening date: 13 August 2018 (TBC)
- Expression of Interest closing date: 20 September 2018 (TBC)
- Final closing date: 12 February 2019 (TBC)
The UKRI Energy Programme, led by EPSRC, would like to advise UK researchers to the developments within the Nuclear Energy University Programs (NEUP) US/UK Collaborative Funding Opportunity.
The UKRI Energy Programme will support the UK component of proposals within the (NEUP) US/UK Collaborative Funding Opportunity. The specific areas of interest and a full call notification will be made available as soon as possible.
Please see the NEUP website for an introduction to the Department's programmes.
UK applicants wishing to engage in this programme should engage directly with their US partners as proposals should be submitted by the US partner according to NEUP processes. EPSRC will ultimately fund proposals based on the NEUP's funding recommendations.
UK applicants should:
- Engage closely with their US partners when preparing the proposal (this is a US process and US partners understand how best to prepare the bid);
- If successful at EoI stage applicants should contact the EPSRC lead to highlight the intention to submit a full proposal (this will ensure that EPSRC is aware of the likely demand through this call and are able to offer advice where required on the application process).
- Any full proposal submitted to the NEUP will require a letter of support from EPSRC confirming our intention to support the UK component if successful through peer review. Please note: we require three days' notice to prepare this letter of support.
A full call notification for UK participation with NEUP through EPSRC funding will be published as soon as possible.