EPSRC-NSFC call for collaborative research with China on Grid Scale Energy Storage for Intermittency
EPSRC, as part of the Energy Programme, wishes to support collaborative research projects between the UK and China, in partnership with the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) in the field of Grid Scale Storage for Intermittency. A scoping workshop was held in China in April to identify the following themes as priority areas for this call:
- Advanced thermal and mechanical large scale energy storage from materials to devices.
- Advanced electrochemical large scale storage from materials to devices.
- Management, diagnosis and control of grid scale storage technologies.
- Economics, policy and business models for grid scale storage.
- Operation and control for balancing and stability of power systems with grid scale storage.
Proposals are invited from leading UK researchers wishing to develop contacts and joint projects with leading researchers eligible for NSFC support in China.
Up to £5 million is available from EPSRC with matched equivalent resources from NSFC (up to 3 milion RMB per project). We expect to fund up to 5 projects through this call. The costs of the UK institutions will be met from EPSRC funds, and those for the Chinese partners will be met by NSFC .
|Calls for proposals issued||14 May 2013|
|Call for proposals deadline||16:00 (UK time) on 02 July 2013|
|Panel meeting||November 2013|
|Projects to start on or after||January 2014|