Call for ARCHER Leadership Projects
Are you using large amounts of high performance compute resource for your research in an academic or non-academic setting? This could be for you!
This is a call for applications for direct access to the UK's national supercomputing facility ARCHER for computationally intensive individual projects (>100,000 kAU or 6666667 core-hours on ARCHER) for a maximum of 24 months, from academic and non-academic research groups. The resource is for pre-competitive research only and the research area must lie within the remit of either the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) or the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC). This call is for compute resource only, including core Computational Science and Engineering support as provided by the ARCHER Service to all users. However, no additional support for staff or consumables can be applied for. Thus applicants must demonstrate substantial high performance computing expertise within their team in order to be considered for funding.
A non-exclusive list of eligible projects include:
- Leadership calculations that push the boundaries of scientific HPC, for example whole systems approaches, multi-scale modelling, etc.
- Calculations that require a large number of processing cores (1,500 - 118,080 cores)
- High-risk, high-reward projects that rely heavily on high performance compute resource and have significant potential for large future impact.
- Substantial computational projects by experienced teams that need large compute resources, but do not rely on additional support by EPSRC or NERC.
- Pre-competitive computational production runs by non-academic research groups within sectors related to the remits of the ARCHER partner research councils.
Further information on ARCHER can be found at the ARCHER introduction page.
|Technical Assessment||Closing Date||Panel Meeting||Earliest Project Start||Last Project Start|
|11 February 2015||23 February 2015||March 2015||April 2015||June 2015|