- Science for a successful nation - one year on...Opens in new window
Our Delivery Plan for 2016/17 to 2019/20 was launched back in June 2016. Now, a year on we thought it would be good to reflect on what we have achieved to date and look forward to the next 12 months as we move towards the formation of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
- Issued: 20 June 2017
- Comments(0)Opens in new window
- Growing capability in Statistics and Applied Probability: as seen from Bath
In Shaping Capability in 2010/2011 the research area Statistics and Applied Probability was suggested by EPSRC to have a grow trajectory. Professor Andreas Kyprianou is based at the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Bath and discusses how the maths community responded at the time, and the progress of the research area.
- Issued: 27 February 2017
- Balancing Capability - The Process and Challenges
As the outcomes of the Balancing Capability project are published on 15 February, we hear from EPSRC Engineering SAT Chair Dr Ruth Mallors-Ray, on how the project was achieved and the challenges faced by the team on this journey.
- Issued: 13 February 2017
- Balancing Capability - What does it mean in practice and is a 'Reduce' label fatal to the field?
We hear from Professor Jon Binner, Professor of Ceramic Science and Engineering at the University of Birmingham, on how this area of research responded to the Shaping Capability approach by EPSRC in 2011.
- Issued: 10 November 2016
- Balancing Capability - Grow, Maintain, Reduce
The academic year is in full swing and we are busy working towards our Delivery Plan's three strategies: Balancing Capability, Building Leadership and Accelerating Impact. Professor Tom Rodden provides an insight into what Balancing Capability is, and what it means for the research community.
- Issued: 04 October 2016
- EPSRC People - Dr Andrew Bourne, Associate Director
This week the blog comes from our very own Dr Andrew Bourne, Associate Director at EPSRC. Andrew took five minutes out of his busy day to have a chat with us about his work.
- Issued: 10 May 2016