Our service standards
We are committed to providing a high quality, responsive and accessible service to all the organisations and individuals with which we interact. We vigorously pursue our service standards, including compliance with the Code of Practice on Access to Government Information.
- Answer all enquiries clearly and quickly.
- Reply to all written enquiries (including emails and faxes) within 10 working days.
- Provide a response to telephone enquiries within 2 working days.
- Acknowledge receipt of applications promptly.
- Acknowledge receipt of research grant proposals and fellowships within 3 working days.
- Acknowledge receipt, where requested, of external job applications within 2 working days.
- Communicate decisions in accordance with published timescales and targets.
- Notify 90% of all proposers of the outcome of their proposals within 26 weeks of receipt.
- Inform external job applicants of result of their applications within 24 hours of their interview/assessment.
- Make timely grants, fellowships and studentships payments, in accordance with agreed arrangements.
- Provide contact details (address, telephone, fax, email, and website) on all correspondence, ensure that contact details on the website are up to date and operate a central helpline for general enquiries.
- Make application forms and information about policies and schemes readily available to all enquirers.
- Ensure that as much of this information as possible is available and up to date on the EPSRC website, and that all forms in general use can be downloaded from the site or accessed through the research councils' joint electronic submission (Je-S) system.
- Forward paper copies of any documents or forms within 2 working days of receipt of a request.
- Consult with all those who have an interest in EPSRC policies, processes and services, and to maintain open channels for the receipt of unsolicited comments.
- Operate effective equal opportunities policies, including ensuring that schemes are accessible to external applicants, irrespective of age, race, gender or disability.
- Uphold high standards of integrity in all areas of operations, in compliance with the recommendations of the Committee on Standards in Public Life.
- Operate a clear and effective process for considering and responding to complaints.
Service performance data
We regularly review our service standards and our performance in meeting these standards. Wherever appropriate and practical, data is collected to provide a direct measure of performance.
Compliments on our staff or service we provide are always welcome.
Making a complaint
We would like to know about any instances where we have failed to comply with our published standards. Please notify us by following our complaints procedure.
If you wish to make a complaint please write to The Professional Support Unit, EPSRC, Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, SN2 1ET or via email to The Professional Support Unit.