Lead agency agreement with Luxembourg
Through Research and Innovation we work in partnership with Fonds National de la Recherche (FNR) in Luxembourg, to encourage and support proposals that involve international collaborative teams. Since 2013 we have had in place a lead agency agreement with FNR, whereby researchers may submit proposals to EPSRC including collaborators from Luxembourg, according to the following procedure:
- Researchers submit a single joint proposal to EPSRC from eligible applicants in both countries
- We process the application according to our normal procedures
- FNR-nominated experts are able to be involved with the peer review and decision making process throughout
- Funding by EPSRC and FNR is decided by the appropriate EPRSC Theme Lead following the recommendation of the EPSRC panel.
Prior to submission
- Potential applicants should submit an expression of interest using the form below before submitting a grant jointly with partners in Luxembourg. This is to ensure that applicants meet their respective funding organisations' eligibility requirements.
- At this stage please provide us with a short summary (1-2 sides) of the proposed research and its objectives, and indicative costs for both the EPSRC and FNR components of the proposed project.
- We will contact FNR to ensure that they are aware of the proposal and its potential budget implications.
Joint proposal format
- The title of the project in Je-S should include ‘FNR'. Please ensure that you include the scientific case for the Luxembourg components of the project in your case for support.
- Luxembourg collaborating institutions should be added as project partners to the Je-S form.
- The total costs requested from FNR should be included in the Je-S form as project partner contributions.
- In addition, the Luxembourg collaborators should fill out an INTER Budget form (Excel workbook) and INTER Budget Details form (Word document) for the costs being requested from FNR. The completed forms should be converted to PDF and submitted with your proposal as Other Attachments. Please note that these are for EPSRC/FNR records only and will not be seen by reviewers or panel members. Templates for the FNR forms are available to download from the FNR website.
- Your Justification of Resources should include a section on the costs requested from the Luxembourg collaborators, making clear that these will be funded by FNR if the project is successful.
Except as indicated above, all applications should follow standard EPSRC format; no additional pages will be permitted.
Please note that reviewers' comments and the PI response to reviews will be shared with FNR once the funding decision has been made.